Adopt a Dog
We are committed to finding loving forever homes for every dog in our care. Please review our information below before you submit an application!
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Be able to show proof of a valid photo ID. We accept state drivers license, passport, and state IDs.
- Your lease, HOA, or home owners insurance that shows you are allowed to have a dog.
- You must live within two (2) hours of Pittsburgh, PA and within the state of Pennsylvania.
- If you have other pets, you must be able to show proof of vaccines & spay/neuter.
- Be prepared to bring all residents living in the home to meet your new potential pet.
All dogs in our care are seen by a licensed veterinarian, spayed/neutered, heartworm tested, microchipped, and up to date on vaccines. Prior to adoption, each dog is put on heartworm and flea & tick prevention. Adoption fees help us offset some of our costs related to caring for dogs we care for each year.
Included in the $150 Adoption Fee is: a bag of food, a Freedom Harness, HW prevention, Flea/Tick prevention, and 4 training sessions with our trainer, plus a lifetime of support from the Biggies Bullies family!
1.) Submit an adoption application. Applications remain on file for one year and can apply to any pet, so please do not resubmit additional applications.
2.) An Adoption Coordinator will respond to your application within 48-72 hours and let you know next steps!
3.) Approved applicants will come to our Headquarters to meet the adoptable dog before bringing along any current dogs in the home.
4.) If all goes well at the meet, we will schedule a 2-week trial period. If you own other dogs, we will schedule a meet and greet for the dogs before scheduling the trial period.
Two weeks can make a huge difference in a dog, you will really get to see who they are once they settle in a little more. We want to make sure all of our adoptions are the right fit, for the dog and you!
After the two week trial period, we will have you bring your family to our Headquarters for an official adoption photo!